It feels like spring has finally sprung. I’ve noticed buds on the trees, had my first run in shorts and t-shirt, we’ve cleaned and opened up our three season room, I pulled out my crops and have been happily wearing flats for a couple of weeks now. I love spring fashion…pastels and bright colors, flats and sandals, dresses and skirts. It just makes getting dressed more fun. One of the trends this year has been cut out or perforated flats. I think they are super cute, and even cuter when they are ultra comfortable.
If you have been following this blog for any length of time you are well aware of my obsession with comfortable and stylish shoes. Heels have never been my thing and I just can’t justify being uncomfortable all day in a pair of shoes. If I could wear sneakers or flip-flops everyday I probably would. When I received an email from the good people at Cobb Hill by New Balance asking if I wanted to review a pair of their shoes I said yes! How could I not?
A little about Cobb Hill…it’s a small division of New Balance. They develop products designed from every angle- style, comfort, and support. Cobb Hill offers everything from open toe sandals, to boots to flats to hiking shoes. Many of their shoes feature REVlite technology which is the exact same mid-sole cushioning found in New Balance running shoes. It’s lightweight, responsive like a running shoe and long-lasting. An all around win if you ask me.
I chose to order the blue Ivy’s. I loved the loafer style with the oxford detailing on the toe and the cut-out. They definitely fit in with my spring wardrobe and I couldn’t wait to try them out. I will say that these don’t feature the REVlite technology BUT based on how comfortable my Ivy’s are, I’m guessing the shoes with the REVlite are pretty amazing.
- Stylish and cute for everyday wear.
- Incredibly comfortable and supportive. Working in non-profit I definitely have some long days, I wore them recently on a 12-hour work day and was pretty comfortable and happy! I paired them with a black shift dress, a blue cardigan and some fun jewelry in case you were wondering. I also love them with jeans!
- The rubber sole. I have some shoes that don’t have a rubber sole and they can be slippery on some surfaces. No worries about that here!
- Made of leather both inside and outside and are of very high quality.
- They definitely got more comfortable as I wore them and needed to be broken in a little bit. I got a blister the first day but to be honest I think that was from another pair of shoes, and the fact that I’ve worn socks and boots for too long.
- The sole is a little thick, not quite like your typical flat BUT it’s for a good reason. The extra thick sole is what makes them so comfortable and supportive.
I really love my Ivy’s and the Cobb Hill line. I actually have worn out my black ballet flats and need to replace them. I’m thinking of ordering the Cobb Hill REVchi flats. The other bonus is I’ve gotten a TON of compliments on my shoes. A bunch of my co-workers were complimenting me on them and all agreed they need a pair of Cobb Hill shoes. I’d highly recommend them!
Thanks to New Balance and Cobb Hill for sending me a pair for review!