It’s hard to believe it’s mid-August already! This summer has really been flying by. I’ve been away on mini-vacations the last few weeks and am finally enjoying a week at home. We spent a few days in Saratoga Springs, NY with Michael’s family. We were there for horse track and spent our mornings on the back stretch watching them train and our afternoons at the races. It was the perfect combination of fun and relaxation. Last weekend we took the grand tour of Cape Cod and the Islands. We spent some time in Buzzards Bay, Hyannis, Falmouth, Wellfleet and Provincetown before heading to Martha’s Vineyard for a night. I had to work at the New Balance Falmouth Road Race on Sunday so Michael and I made a weekend of it. It happened to be my birthday weekend too so it was a little extra special! We had a blast devouring seafood, exploring the shops, hitting the beach, and even going to the drive in!
One of my favorite parts of vacation is walking around and exploring new places. Remember when I was on vacation in July? Michael and I went to Newport, RI and walked the cliff walk. Our leisurely walk before hitting the beach turned into a 6 mile hike. While I was suffering in my rubber beach sandals, Michael was happy as a clam in his Olukai flip-flops. We were really impressed how after 6 miles of walking his feet felt comfortable and supported. In. Flip. Flops. I tweeted to Olukai to tell them how impressed they were, within a few days they sent me a pair of my own Oluaki’s to try out! I ordered the ‘Ohana sandals in White. They are the same style Michael has but for women. I loved the white since I knew it would go with anything and everything.
I was impressed with how comfortable they were the moment I slipped them on. While we were walking around on vacation this past week my feet felt supportive and comfortable. In fact I brought a couple other pairs of sandals to wear with me but never wore them! I just couldn’t resist the comfort of my Olukai’s. I’ve been so in love with the Olukai’s and wish my office let us wear flip-flops so I could wear them everyday!
Some of the features include:
- A water-resistance synthetic nubuck leather with an ultra soft, quick-drying jersey knit lining. I love the lining, it dries quickly and is really soft. It also keeps the straps from sticking to your skin on those extra hot and humid days!
- An anatomical compression molded EVA midsole with a soft ICEVA drop-in footbed. That’s a lot of fancy words to say that the footbed is molded and feels really good under your foot. It may be the best part of the whole flip-flop!
- Non-marking rubber or gum rubber outsole with razor siped edges. Again with the fancy words. The bottom is textured so you can be sure you won’t slip and land on your bum pool side, beach side or anywhere there is wet ground. If you are clutz like me this is a life saver!
- Soft nylon toe post and a laser-etched logo, and embroidered detail. You know the part that goes between your toes? Yeah, that’s really soft and comfortable and you’ll hardly even know it’s there!
- And for those who live a vegan life…these are vegan friendly!
They offer this flip-flop in a variety of colors including a really pretty bright blue, lime green and pink! They are really fun colors and scream summer! With a cost of $65 they are definitely a bit more costly than your average rubber flip-flop but you can wear them everywhere…walking around town, to dinner, to the beach and in your everyday life so it makes the investment well worth it. Michael is on his second summer in his and they still look like new, which means you’ll have them for years!
Michael absolutely loves his and can’t say enough about them. I’m really happy that I was able to try a pair out for myself and see what he was raving about. I too love these flip-flops and would definitely recommend them to my readers! They are the perfect summer sandal and provide a load of support and comfort. If you are anything like us I know you’re out walking around, and on your feet all day and need a great shoe. Olukai’s will definitely keep up with you all day as you take on summer’s adventures!