With every successful half-marathon there is a training plan behind it. Considering the B.A.A. Half- Marathon is 10 weeks away I figured I’d better get a plan together. The challenge in creating this plan is that *little* thing called Yoga Teacher Training. There are a lot of unknowns with Yoga Teacher Training, the most concerning being how tired will I be and how sore will I be. To be successful this plan is going to require a lot of flexibility. My goals each week are to get in one easy run, one long run and one track workout in addition to the requirements for yoga teacher training. Some weeks have 4 runs scheduled which is an effort to get in enough miles since I’ll be missing 3 long runs. As always, I listen to my body and adjust any training for injury, and tiredness.
A few side notes:
- I follow all runs with Abs, Strength and Stretching. It totals about 20 minutes post run.
- I take an easy yoga class at lunch time on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. It totals about 45 minutes per class.
- I plan to run a few long runs with a friend, distance may vary slightly.
- Purple = Yoga Teacher Training
- Gray = Yoga Class
- Blue = Easy Recovery Run (~9:15 min/mile)
- Orange= Run (~8:30 min/mile)
- Pink= Long Run (~8:50 min/mile)
- Yellow= Tempo Run (~5K pace)
- Green= Track Workout
I’m really curious to see how Yoga Teacher Training will impact race day. You can be sure I’ll be blogging about my experiences in Yoga Teacher Training and will update you all about my training progress throughout the next 10 weeks!