What I Ate Wednesday!

Hey Guys! How is everyone?  It feels like ages since I’ve posted but life has been a bit busy.  Thank you to all of you for the moving well wishes last week!  The move went well and was actually pretty painless.  I’d been packing things up and moving them to the house over the last few months so over the weekend we just had the few things I couldn’t live without and the little bit of furniture I kept.  My brother came to Boston and took the rest of my furniture for when he moves out which worked out perfectly.  Since the move went so smoothly I had the afternoon and most of Sunday to get unpacked and closets organized.  It was an exhausting but productive weekend and I was glad to start the week feeling settled.  I’m adjusting to a new commute and routine and have been exhausted for the last couple days…thus no posting.

Unlike last week this week my meals are much more balanced and planned this week!  Let’s take a look shall we?

Breakfast.

With warm weather around us and a longer commute these days I’m going for quick and easy in the morning.  This week I’ve been having Raisin Bran Crunch with fresh blueberries and skim milk.

Raisin Bran Crunch with Skim Milk and Fresh Blueberries and Skinnygirl Daily Cleanse

To drink I have my Skinnygirl Daily Cleanse.  I also take a coffee to take with my for my drive.

Lunch.

This week I’m having peppered turkey breast on a sandwich thin with American cheese, spinach and honey mustard.  On the side I have some Wheat Thin Toasted Chips (so good!).  I had a nectarine to go with it.  For snacks I packed my daily banana, a yogurt and a granola bar.  Lately I haven’t been eating the yogurt or granola bar.  I really try to listen to my body and only snack when I’m truly hungry and not out of boredom.

Turkey Sandwich, Wheat Thin Toasted Chips, Nectarine, Yogurt and Granola Bar

Eating throughout the day in small amounts really helps to keep me satisfied and never full.

Dinner.

Monday night after I headed out for a run and Michael got home from yoga we made chicken Paninis. We grilled thin sliced chicken breasts on the grill with salt and pepper.  On to the Panini press went Italian bread with homemade pesto, mozzarella cheese, spinach and fresh tomato.  I made kale chips with parmesan cheese on it.  We had some leftover homemade potato salad on the side that Mike’s Mom made us.  I ended up only eating half my sandwich…again listening to my body!

Chicken Panini, Kale Chips and Potato Salad

This dinner was delicious and came together so quickly!

Ok! I’m off to get this day going! Stay cool out there, it’s supposed to be a hot one with high’s around 95 in Boston today!

What is your favorite breakfast when the weather warms up?  What kind of sandwiches do you like? Are you a Panini fan? Have you tried kale chips?  Do you listen to your body when it comes to food or do you eat at set meal times regardlesS?

11 thoughts on “What I Ate Wednesday!

1. Rachel says:

I always have such a hard time listening to my body when it comes to when to stop eating, especially at dinner. But, you seem so good at it! What’s your secret? What cues do you watch for and respond to?

Honestly I have no clue. I guess trial and error. I used to eat until I was full all the time but now I try to reason with myself and ask myself if I am really hungry and do I truly need that extra helping or is it just because it tastes good? Lately I focus on the first few bites and when something loses that “oh my god so good!” taste I eat until I’m satisfied and then stop. It’s always a work in progress!

2. Natalie says:

I like overnight oats or yogurt with fruit and nuts and even eggs with crunchy veggies when the weather gets warmer. Kale chips are so good, but for some reason I rarely make them. I try to listen to my body and eat when its hungry but if it has been more than three hours and I haven’t eaten, I feel the need to consume something! I am really paranoid about my metabolism getting messed up!

3. Kammie says:

Happy WIAW to you! 🙂 I always opt for eggs for breakfast but sometimes when it’s hot out I do a protein shake too. It depends I guess. On what, I’m not sure haha

NICE work on listening to your body and really tuning into it, especially come snack time at the office. Even though you BROUGHT a couple of snacks with you, it doesn’t mean you necessarily NEED to eat them unless you’re truly hungry. Goes back to the hunger vs. habit thing I just wrote about! Great minds think alike 😉

Thank you! I thought of you when I wrote that actually. I always say I’d rather be prepared to eat healthy and not need it than be hungry and eat junk. Hunger vs. Habit is a hard thing to control!