Hey Guys! I hope everyone is having a great week! I certainly am! Tuesday I had dinner and drinks with my neighbors since it’s my last week in my apartment and last night was my last night sleeping there. Tonight Michael and I are moving some of the odd and end sort of things and on Saturday all my furniture is going. It’s certainly bittersweet but I’m excited for the next chapter to begin!
Despite my less than stellar eating habits this week (more takeout than I normally allow) I have been consistent with my daily cleanse. I am 22 days into the cleanse and aside from the fact that I have missed a few days I’m finding I really like it. When I first started the cleanse I was being very conscious about what I was eating. I was focusing on lean protein and lots of green vegetables and fruit. I was also thinking about smaller portions. During that time I was running about 3 or 4 days a week about 3 or 4 miles at a time. I found my way to the yoga mat about 3 days a week. I felt much lighter during this time and really good. I even managed to lose about 3 pounds. That was just after Memorial Day weekend.
Since then I’ve become a little more relaxed about my eating, and working out. I find it funny how when I lost a few pounds I went back to some of my old habits (like sweets every night and larger portions). I guess that is further proof that healthy living always takes effort. I have definitely been overindulging a bit and eating sweets pretty regularly, something I need to cutback on again. My workouts though have been consistent but slightly less intense. I am still drinking the cleanse and love it for a couple of reasons. Here’s a few thoughts:
- I start my day by getting 16oz. of liquid (water and the cleanse mixed) before my morning coffee. Much better for my hydration and my body.
- If I happen to have had too much to drink the night before, the cleanse does a great job of helping to rid my body of some of those toxins and the hydration aspect (see above) helps me to move past any headaches or stomach aches.
- It really does help get things moving in the morning. And quite quickly I might add (That may be TMI but we are talking about a cleanse so I’m going with full disclosure here).
- I have no clue why many of the reviews described it as not tasting like green tea or lemonade. I can taste the lemon and green tea and think it is actually really refreshing!
- Some of the reviews described it as being gritty. I would say that it is gritty if you don’t mix it up well enough. The powder does tend to settle to the bottom so I do have to mix it a few times as I drink it. Bethenny recommends the shaker bottle. I always make mine in a glass and mix it with a spoon. Using the shaker bottle may make a difference and I intend to try this soon (i.e. as soon as I move and am reunited with my shaker bottle which is now at Michael’s).
I definitely don’t feel as “light” as I did when I was taking the cleanse and eating well and clean. Eating takeout once a week definitely does not count as clean eating. And my trip home to my parents included a lot of wonderful indulgences like gelato, bacon, eclairs, chicken wings and more. While I don’t eat bad while I am at work or alone during the week, my couple times a week indulgences coupled with larger portions certainly have me feeling “heavier”. Moving forward over the next 10 days my approach is a bit different. I plan to eat clean and light when I can but when I do indulge I need to focus on smaller portions. It’s true what the say….the first bite is the best.
I want to try taking it morning and night to see if the effects are greater. I think that it would be a good challenge to eat clean and take the cleanse for a week two times a day. I think I may do this when we get back from our vacation. Bethenny talks about how the cleanse is designed to be paired with a healthy, balanced diet and smaller portions and I can definitely see where that is true. Overall I am very pleased with the cleanse. It is described as a mild cleanse and I would say it definitely works as such!
I’ll do another update on the cleanse once I finish the full months worth! I just purchased another 2 months worth of the cleanse yesterday! For those interested in trying it skinnygirldaily.com is offering a BOGO on the Cleanse and Restore Original and Refill Packs. With shipping I got two months worth for about $50! This is by far the cheapest and best deal I’ve seen yet! Thank you Twitter for enlightening me!