Monday, Monday, Monday! I’m particularly happy to see this Monday because it means it is officially one week until the Boston Marathon and the official count down can finally begin. Only 7 more days to go! Friday night some girls from Team in Training and I had a little puff paint party to put our names on our singlets and fancy them up a little bit for race day. It was fun to see everyone outside of our weekly runs and talk about how excited we all are for race weekend. My singlet came out awesome but you’ll have to wait until race day to see the final product!
Saturday morning was our last long run and last practice with Team in Training. I’m definitely going to miss those weekly practices. It’s fun to run with my friends and chat it up the whole time. We spent quite a bit of time going through race day logistics before heading out for a nice and easy 8 mile run. My legs felt a little tired and heavy. I think it’s from my massage. I hope another week of tapering and lots of foam rolling will have my legs feeling fresh and ready for race day!
Last week was the second week of taper. I moved things around a bit to fit in a massage which felt great. I also did yoga on Thursday which turned out to be a big mistake. I took an extra rest day on Friday since my body really seemed to need it. Here’s a look at last week’s workouts.
This week is only a 4 day week for me! I’ll be spending most of the week just resting and getting in a few easy runs! Friday I have the day off to get lunch with some friends from TNT, head to the expo, and go to the Saucony party. More on marathon weekend later…
On Friday many of you shared some of the blogs you love to follow because they INSPIRE you! As a promised here’s a round-up and some blog love for all of those inspiring blogs!
- Dorothy is a mom of 3, a 3:11 marathoner, on Team Saucony and the new face for Saucony’s Find Your Strong Project. She’s very inspiring so check her out!
- Jess talks about running and chasing down her first marathon this fall and has shared her experience of training and become a barre n9ne instructor!
- Mary is a fierce runner who just won her very first 5K last month. She’s a BQ runner and just started tapering for her next marathon where she is trying to BQ again!
- Jess is a runner and BQ Qualifier and mom of 3. She is a certified running coach, and Pilates instructor as well as Lululemon and FitFluential Ambassador. I’m psyched to start reading her blog!
- Carla is a fellow FitFluential and is pretty darn amazing. I won’t be able to do her justice in one sentence, she’s an award-winning writer, a mom and so much more…check out her blog is worth it, trust me!
- Cat blogs about food, weight loss and much more! She is a FitFluential Ambassador. She’s a new to me blog so I will definitely be checking her out!
- Martha is a mom of twins, a runner, yogi and recent marathoner!
- Christine is a new surfer, a runner, a mom and a writer. Her blog has tons of variety and she’s always looking for the positives in life! Definitely a fun read!
- One of the first running blogs I ever started reading, Katie shares her racing experiences, product reviews and her challenges of being a new mom!
- Michelle lives in Staten Island with her husband and son. Formerly in the military she discovered running while stationed in Iraq. She’s a mighty fast runner and blogs all about running and motherhood.
- Heidi blogs about triathlons and living vegan. She is a fellow FitFluential and has a great sense of humor!
- Charles has only been blogging for 2 months but is not stranger to writing. He’s a contributing editor to Canadian Running and Canadian Cycling magazines. He is a 5 time Boston Qualifier and his writing makes running sound beautiful.
- A healthy living blogger and new runner Nicole shares all of her experiences. Her about me page is absolutely adorable! She is a new to me blogger who I will definitely be checking out!
Many thanks to all of you who linked up and shared some of your favorite and inspiring reads! If I missed anyone who should be on the list feel free to link them up in the comments section!