Happy March! I’m rather excited about this month because it’s the biggest month before the marathon with my longest runs. I have an 18 miler and 20 miler on the schedule. We start tapering at the end of the month too. So in running terms, lots of good things happening! It also happens to be 10 days until the time change and I can kiss running in the dark goodbye for quite a few months. Very exciting stuff if you ask me!
You all know I like to kick my month off with some goal setting which I will get to. I was tagged by Heidi from The Balance Project and Halifax Runner Girl in the 11 Things Post! I’ve already done that, remember the Day of Elevens? So rather than repeat myself I’ll indulge these lovely blog ladies and all of you with 11 Random Facts!
1. I really love coffee with skim milk. Like a lot, it’s my favorite.
2. Michael and my family think I am OCD. I think I’m highly organized.
3. I’m loving Selena Gomez’s new song, Love You Like a Love Song. It’s catchy and I can remember all the words and sing it to myself when I run.
4. I played soccer when I was a kid for years. One day I said to my Mom, “Do we have to keep playing soccer? I really don’t like it.” She was baffled, here she thought I loved it and was running me all over for the travel team I was on when in reality I didn’t care for it much.
5. My brother and I hated going to ski school when we were kids. Why? Because they made us do turns. We had so much more fun bombing the mountain and skiing with my parents.
6. My childhood dog, Maewest, didn’t like gloves or mittens. So all winter she would snatch our gloves and mittens off our hands when we were playing the snow. Every spring we’d find them as the snow melted!
7. I love down comforters.
8. I wear a Patella Tendon Knee strap when I run because of IT band issues I got when training for my first marathon.
9. Next marathon on my bucket list is Nike Women’s Marathon.
10. I used to do some modeling, for a brief period of time. I was 15 and thought it would be cool. Taking photos every week in a bikini, getting measured and worrying about what I looked like wasn’t as fun or glamorous as I thought it would be.
11. I love chocolate and have a very very hard time saying no to it!
Sorry ladies for not doing the whole post but hopefully you enjoyed the random facts! And hopefully you all learned something new about me!
Get Enough Sleep.
Last month I was really pushing it with 5am wake ups and getting to bed at 11pm. With my higher mileage this month and the marathon getting closer by the day that just won’t cut it! I’m focusing on keeping a clear schedule so I can get things done, and get to bed early. My goal is to clock 7 and half to 8 hours of sleep a night.
I love “monster month” of marathon training. I love the long runs and the excitement that builds as we get closer to the big day. This month I want to focus on fueling well during my longs runs and practicing how I will do it on marathon day. I also want to get in speed workouts. My mile times are dropping on long runs which is encouraging but some solid speed workouts between now and race day will make a huge difference. Training is a huge priority this month!
I have 3 more chapters to cover in the book and will hopefully be through them by the end of next week. Soon it will be time to review and take practice exams. I’ve already taken CPR and got certified. So as soon as I feel ready I’ll be able to sign up! Studying is a huge goal this month and I’m excited to be ready to take the exam.
I eat a well-balanced diet. I don’t often over indulge or eat a ton of junk foods. I eat lots of vegetables and lean meat but lately my sweet tooth is getting the best of me! I can’t eat just one or a little bit. I’m always reaching for sweet foods. My goal is to cut back on sweets this month and get my sweet tooth under control.
Have Fun and Enjoy Life.
I’ve been so busy lately that at times I feel like I’m constantly running around from place to place and never sitting still. As a result sometimes I have a hard time relaxing and ignoring my to do list and living in the moment. This month I really want to relax a little more and just have some fun. To-Do lists and all will be there when I’m ready to tackle them!
I apologize if my goals sound the same as they did for January and February. My life is really in a stage right now where things take months to come to fruition (marathon training and studying). They also take a lot of time in addition to my job, commute and life in general so I do need to make them a goal. I promise that April will have a completely different set of goals as the marathon is April 16th and I’ll have my NASM certification done by then! I’m excited for the spring and the things I want to tackle!