Favorite Things Tuesday!

Hey Guys! Happy Tuesday to you all! So I’m feeling a little spunky today, maybe it was yesterday’s rest day that has me feeling energized?  I’m not sure but I am in the mood to change things up around here today. Variety is the spice of life right?!  There have been quite a few products that I’m pretty in love with lately and thought it’d be fun to share!

Running Gear !

This is a running blog so we should probably start there!

Mizuno Inspire 8

I love these shoes! I used to run in the Wave Rider but was fitted for these when I started training for Chicago.  Since I’ve been running in these I’ve had no trouble with my IT band and my foot always feels like it lands perfectly each and every time.  Plus I kind of love the new colors, it’s different!

Mizuno Inspire 8

Lululemon Brisk Run Headband

I’ve done all my marathon training in this headband and absolutely love it! It never gets heavy with sweat, it keeps my ears warm, is super soft and it’s reflective. What’s not to love?

Lululemon Brisk Run Headband

Garmin Forerunner 405

This is the best training partner ever.  I love the virtual running partner, the pace display and the auto lap features.  The auto lap is one of my new favorite features.  It’s great to go back and compare my pace to the run and see exactly what I was running on the uphills and downhills.  Plus, I like hearing the beep to know I ticked off one more mile.  For my full review on this product, click here.

Garmin Forerunner 405

The Stick.

This has been the best thing ever lately.  It really helps to massage my legs to break up any soreness and tightness but it’s gentle enough where it feels really good.  It’s very portable too so I can take it with me to Team in Training practice and even to work on those really sore days.

Massaging my legs with The Stick

Nike Element Shield Jacket

Mine is from the Chicago Marathon which probably makes me love it even more but this jacket has been awesome for cold runs and just wearing to and from Team in Training practice. The thumb holes and little pockets in the sleeves for my hands are awesome.  It’s fleece lined and warm but not heavy or bulky!

Nike Element Shield Jacket

Yoga Gear!

Align Mat

I bought this mat back in the fall and have really loved it! I always have my mat with me since I practice at work, at studios in Boston and even at home.  It’s lightweight which makes it very portable.  I also love the alignment marks on the mat.  They help to make sure I’m just right in a pose without having to over think!

Align Mat

Fashion and More!

Cole Haan Ballet Flats

I just recently bought these flats.  My favorite ones were stretched out and making my feet hurt when I wore them.  I chose to go with a high-end flat and Cole Haan mostly because Michael only wears Cole Haan shoes and swears by them so I thought it was worth a try.  And they are super cute!  I’m loving them for the weekends, nights out and work.

Cole Haan Ballet Flats

Cole Haan Jitney Wristlet

I’m always on the go and always have a million bags with me. My work bag, my gym bag, my yoga mat bag, a bag for Michael’s house…you get the picture, a lot of bags.  And I always have a purse.  In an effort to simplify my life I’ve decided to only carry a wristlet with the essentials…money, lip gloss, my phone and that’s about it. This way I can just toss it into whatever bag I have with me and go.  The reality is, when I don’t need one of my bags I don’t really need a purse either…a clutch or wristlet is just perfect.  So I got this wristlet at Cole Haan and love it! Simplifying is good!

Cole Haan Jitney Wristlet

Prana Willow Duster Sweater

Michael and I stopped into REI a few weeks ago to look for a new jacket for him.  I stumbled upon this sweater by Prana and absolutely love it! It’s the perfect weekend sweater and looks great with jeans and leggings.  The cream color is really nice and it has pretty copper buttons! It’s also so soft and warm.  I know I’ll be loving this in the fall and winter!

Prana Sweater

Lululemon Groove Pants

These have been a long time favorite of mine but these days I’m really loving them.  They are one of my favorite pants to wear to yoga, to wear after long runs to drive home and just to spend a lazy Sunday in them. They are so comfortable and flattering.  I’m also obsessed with the herringbone detail on the waistband! Love, love, love!

Lululemon Groove Pants

I’m also loving thinking about all my spring clothes, and admiring them in my closet.  Only in a few short weeks I will be able to break them out! I’m particularly excited about all the spring jackets I have! Oh, and my Toms!

What are you loving lately for runs, yoga and in life? Do you have a favorite running gadget you love? What’s your favorite Lululemon item? Ladies, Purse or Wristlet? What are you looking forward to wearing in spring?

16 thoughts on “Favorite Things Tuesday!

1. Heather (Where's the Beach) says:

Those flats are too cute – and look comfy too! I discovered the TriggerPoint Therapy Kit for low back and IT band. A-Maz-Ing! I use it every day now actually. My hubby got me the Garmin 610 for Christmas. Love that thing. I was using a Polar before, but this is soooo much more suited to running.

2. Christine @ Love, Life, Surf says:

I am kind of addicted to lulu. It’s bad. I practically live in my scuba hoodie and I love the no limit tank for yoga and spin and the wunder under crops. I haven’t really tried their running gear though which is probably a good thing for my wallet. I’ve been eying those Cole Haan flats forever. Glad to hear that they are comfy.

I was a Lulu addict for awhile. I’m kind of over it now, well not over Lulu just over having to have everything! I’d pass up a Lulu hoodie or pants and get the Cole Haan flats! I love them more and more as they break in!

3. Nancy says:

I’m not much of a runner anymore, but more of a climber and crossfitter. For CrossFit I like to wear my super cute pink nike free’s and lululemon crops (zoom, or inspire crops).

For regular clothing I love shopping at Anthropologie, or Express (but we don’t have a store near me in Canada)

4. strawberryjamntoast says:

I too love my Garmin Forerunner – I means I can be a geek even about exercise-related stuff! Oh, and I’m also a bit of a Lululemon fan, although I wish they had a UK store so I didn’t have to pay shipping and extra tax – boo!

5. Happy Fit Mama says:

I recently got a Garmin 405 and love it! I can’t believe I went so long without one.

I’m still on the fence about Lululemon. I love the look of everything but it’s the price that stops me. I’m heading to Portland this week so I might have to stop at their showroom to try a few things on. Do you have any of their running tights?

Oh, you have joined the ranks of the Garmin cult! soon you’ll absolutely hate to run without it.

I’m with you on the price. For awhile I always felt like it was worth it and was like a drug addict and had to have Lulu but now I’m branching out to more reasonably priced brands and am happy with them. My new approach is if I see something there and absolutely can’t live without it I’ll get which hasn’t happened too much recently. I do have their running tights. I love them but find I get too cold in them when it is in the high 20s and low 30s. The wind blows right through them. They are perfect for the high 30, low 40 temperatures though and are super cute! Have a blast in Portland! It’s a great town!

6. Heidi says:

My fav recent purchase for winter has been my lulu run for it tights. Love them!!

I have been thinking about getting the align mat for a while now, do you find it slippery? I read some reviews that said it was? Love that brisk run headband!!

I have the lulu run for it tights too and also love them! They are tad too cool for winter runs here but are perfect for that 40-55 degree weather.

You know, when I first got that mat I thought it was super slippery and was really frustrated with it. Lately though I haven’t had any trouble with it and have actually been liking the stickiness of it. I think it just took some sweat and washing it to take care of that problem! My boyfriend uses a Jade Yoga mat and absolutely loves it if your looking for a good one.